Designing Interactive Systems (DIS) 2019
ACM International Conference Series
Sunday June 23 to Friday June 28 2019
The ACM conference on Designing Interactive Systems (DIS) is the premier international and interdisciplinary conference encompassing all issues related to the design and deployment of interactive systems where designers, artists, theorists, psychologists, user experience researchers, systems engineers and many more come together to debate and shape the future of interaction systems research, design, and practice.
The theme for ACM DIS2019 is “Contesting Borders and Intersections.” Both borders and intersections are simultaneously about separation, margins, and friction as well as opportunities, promises, and imaginaries where alternative and diverse modes of engagements can be made possible and unfold. With this theme, we encourage submissions that critique, resist, and/or reimagine taken-for-granted boundaries in interactive design research and practices, as well as those that present innovative thinking, and creative or provocative interaction design.
We are excited to co-locate our conference with Creativity and Cognition 2019. There will be some overlapping programs to strengthen the dialogues between our two related communities.
This is an overview of the main events happening at DIS2019:
Workshops: Sun-Mon, June 23-24
Doctoral Consortium: Tue, June 25
Main Conference: Wed-Fri, June 26-28
- June 25: DIS2019/C&C2019 Joint Art Exhibition (pre-DIS event)
- June 26: DIS2019/C&C2019 Joint Keynotes
- June 26: First day of DIS2019 Technical Program
- June 26: DIS Conference Dinner at 6 pm
- June 27: DIS2019 Opening Keynote by Lisa Nakamura
- June 27: 2nd day of DIS Technical Program + Demo Sessions/PWiP Sessions/Reception beginning at 6 pm
- June 28: Final day of DIS Technical Program
- June 28: DIS2019 Closing Keynote by Danielle Wood
- Detailed program can be found here.