ACM DIS 2019 will take place at:
Hyatt Regency Mission Bay 1441 Quivira Road San Diego, California, USA, 92109
The Hyatt Regency is located right on the waterfront in Mission Bay, a beautiful area with lots to do and explore. The hotel features views of the Pacific Ocean, Mission Beach, and the downtown San Diego skyline.
Attendees will be guaranteed a rate of $249/night + tax for standard run of house (click here to book with the conference rate). Attendees with valid student ID may book a room in the Bay Building at the discounted rate of $209/night + tax (click here to book with the student rate). Early booking is encouraged.
A discounted resort fee of $15 per room, per night will be applied to your stay. This rate covers 24-hour access to the Fitness Center and standard guest room internet.
Reservation with Hyatt Regency is available here
There are two other hotels within walking distance from the Hyatt:
The Dana on Mission Bay 1710 W Mission Bay Drive San Diego, California, USA, 92109
Bahia Resort Hotel 1441 Quivira Road San Diego, California, USA, 92109 998 West Mission Bay Drive San Diego, California, USA, 92109
Attendees may also find accommodation through AirBnB or other vacation rental services.
The Hyatt Regency is most easily accessed by car, but can also be accessed by bus.
The Hyatt Regency offers on-property car rentals; call the hotel concierge for details. The airport also hosts a number of car rental companies; see here for more information.
Lyft and Uber are both prevalent in San Diego, and can be called from the airport as well as anywhere else. A Lyft from the airport to the Hyatt Regency is about $15-$20. There are also a number of taxi companies; taxis are generally available at the airport and other major transit centers. For taxis in other locations, you will likely need to call a cab company.
Near the Hotel
There are a number of restaurants and activities walking distance from the Hyatt Regency.
- Red Marlin (in the Hyatt Regency)
- Sportsmen’s Seafood (0.2 miles from Hyatt Regency)
- Firefly Eatery & Bar (0.5 miles from Hyatt Regency)
- Cafe Bahia (0.7 miles from Hyatt Regency)
- The Coaster Saloon (1 mile from Hyatt Regency)
- Marcy’s Mexican Food (1 mile from Hyatt Regency)
- South Draft Mission (1.1 miles from Hyatt Regency)
- Visit the marine animals and other attractions at Sea World
- Walk the boardwalk at Mission Beach
- Rent kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, sailboats, and more from one of many nearby aquatic centers (Mission Bay Sportcenter, Seaforth Boat Rentals, Adventure Water Sports, or see above for complimentary rentals from the hotel)
- Have a picnic in Mission Bay Park
- Rent bicycles from Adventure Water Sports, Mission Beach Surf Rentals, or Ray’s Rentals
Being a coastal city near the Mexican border, San Diego is known for its seafood and Mexican food. San Diego is also a craft beer haven. Some local favorites are fish tacos, California burritos, and IPA beers.
Besides Mission Beach, San Diego has a number of other gorgeous beaches. Just north is Pacific Beach and just south is Ocean Beach, both of which also have a plethora of food options. Further north is La Jolla Shores, where you can rent a surfboard, go kayaking or snorkeling in the Cove.
UCSD & Torrey Pines
San Diego Zoo & Balboa Park
The Gaslamp District downtown is home to a number of fun bars and clubs, perfect for a night out on the town!
Old Town is the “historic heart of San Diego”, and is a great place to wander around, visit the shops, and have some authentic Mexican food.
The Pacific Coast Highway is a beautiful way to see California. It runs along the coast and through a number of towns & neighbourhoods on its way north. Drive just a little ways up to Del Mar for a nice brunch or dinner, or keep going as far north as you wish!
San Diego is generally moderate and sunny year-round. Temperatures usually sit around 65-75 degrees Fahrenheit. The sun is strong so be sure to bring sun protection! The coastal breeze can be chilly, so bring a jacket for shady areas and evenings.
Discounts on Local Activities
Check out this website for deals & offers on local activities to do in San Diego!
The currency in San Diego is US Dollars. Most international ATM cards and credit cards can also be used. If you are traveling from outside the US you may need adapters for electrical appliances; the standard voltage in the US is 120 V and the frequency is 60 Hz.
If you need a support letter to attend ACM DIS 2019, please send an email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include all of the following information below in your email:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you wish to attend
- Your Registration Confirmation Number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the ‘sole author’ or a ‘co- author’
- Visa Support Letters will only be provided to participants who have registered and paid for the Conference. Should participants withdraw from the conference after the issue of Visa Support Letter the consulate will be notified of the withdrawal accordingly.
DIS 2019 is committed to providing an inclusive environment and we will do our best to accommodate requests. Our modern venues should be fully accessible. If you have a concern or require a special request, have a personal care assistant, or just have a question, please contact the General Chairs and we’ll answer questions and help where we can.
We suggest attendees who need childcare contact care.com for drop-in daycare services.